WHOVIANS CREATE IS CLOSED
Welcome! If you are not yet a member then please join! If you are already signed up then welcome back and keep on enjoying this awesome forum! Very Happy

Science Ninja Team Gatchaman (Battle of the Planets)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Science Ninja Team Gatchaman (Battle of the Planets)

Post by Kambei on Sun 02 Sep 2012, 8:12 pm

Started going through my Japanese Anime Gatchaman discs again. One or two older members might remember it better as the Japanese cartoon 'Battle of the Planets', or 'G-Force' (NOT the hamsters Tut ) or (shudders) 'Eagle Riders' The latter three were American versions, dubbed with completely new dialogue, cut to shreds by the censors, and missing minutes bridged by a cutesy robot called 7-Zark-7. AS each new version got dubbed, the dialogue only got worse, until it could get no lower than Eagle Riders. Devil

I have the subtitled and fan-dubbed version that is faithful to the original Japanese script. It also has the original opening and closing credits, all of the uncut action, and best of all no 7-Zarking-7. It is also the complete 105 episodes, about 30 more than were shown in America. Anyone just used to the Americanised versions would hardly recognise it.

Once I finish these, it is on to Space Battlecruiser Yamato (Starblazers), Space Pirate Captain Harlock, Super-Dimensional Fortress Macross (Robotech), and Dirty Pair. The American titles are in brackets

Kambei

Warning Level :
5 / 55 / 5

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top